Books and geeks? Name a more iconic duo. While books seem to be going the way of the dodo in favor of TV series, movies, and even podcasts, we still love books at whatNerd.
Whether fiction or nonfiction, we believe there's still a lot of value in reading. And not just reading, but also listening in the form of audiobooks and audio dramas!
Fiction books are a great way to explore ideas and expand one's mind beyond the mundane. There's a special place in our hearts for sci-fi and fantasy books, but we also have an appreciation for classic books, thriller books, horror books, and more!
- Important Novels Everyone Should Read by 18 Years Old
- The Best Absurdist Novels for Surreal Stories
- The Best Classic Sci-Fi Books
- The Best Classic Fantasy Books
- The Best Classic Cyberpunk Books
- The Best Detective Novel Series
- The Best Discworld Books for First-Timers
- The Best High Fantasy Books That Are Still Relevant
- The Best Horror Books
- The Best Relaxing Novels to Slow Down and Destress
- The Best Sci-Fi & Fantasy Books With Humor
- The Best Space Opera Books
- The Best Spy Thriller Books About Spies
- The Best Standalone Fantasy Books
- The Most Common Fantasy Genres and Subgenres
- The Best Authors for Fairy Tale Retelling Books
- The Best Haruki Murakami Books
- The Best Modern Fantasy Authors You Might've Missed
- The Best One-Hit Wonder Authors (And Their Famous Books)
- The Most Famous Writers Who Suffered Writer's Block
- A Christmas Carol: Why It's Worth Re-Reading This Year
- Catcher in the Rye: What Makes It a Literary Masterpiece?
- Life of Pi: Why It's Great and Everybody Should Read It
- Moby Dick: Why It's the Greatest Novel Ever Written
Audiobooks & Audio Dramas
Reading purists may scoff at audiobooks as "lazy." Some may even claim that listening to an audiobook is far from "actually" reading a book. Well, forget them! Audiobooks are awesome. And when they're narrated by someone with a real talent for storytelling, the audiobook version of your favorite stories can augment your love and appreciation for them.
- The Best Fantasy Audiobooks
- The Best Sci-Fi Audiobooks
- The Best Sci-Fi Audio Dramas
- The Best Sites to Buy Audiobooks
Nonfiction can be just as edifying for the mind as fiction; in some cases, even more so. Whether we're talking about self-help literature on how to be a better person overall, or beautiful and informative books to keep out on your coffee table, or even adult coloring books to help you relax and be creative... there's plenty to love about nonfiction!
- The Best Adult Coloring Books for Geeks
- The Best Books About the Star Wars Universe
- The Best Books on Creativity
- The Best Books on Better Habits
- The Best Coffee Table Books for Geeks
- The Best Sci-Fi & Fantasy Cookbooks for Geeks
There's a lot of interesting discussion to be had around the actual reading of books. How do you find new books to read? Are there really any benefits to paper books versus ebooks versus audiobooks? What can you do to read more this year? We've written about all these things—and more—in the articles below.
- How to Find New Books to Read and Book Recommendations
- How to Search for Books on Amazon
- How to Read More Books This Year
- Print Books vs. Ebooks: The Ultimate Showdown
- The Best Book Podcasts for Avid Readers
- The Best Geeky Bookends for Your Bookshelf
- The Best Sites to Buy Digital Textbooks for Cheap
- The Best Sites to Buy Used Books Online
- Why Audiobooks Are Better Than "Real" Books
- Why Ebooks Will Never Replace Physical Books