Want to write for whatNerd? We’re currently looking to add more writing talent to our team. If you’re a geek enthusiast, have past writing experience, and want to get paid for sharing your geeky expertise, apply to join whatNerd as a regular contributor!
whatNerd Team & Contributors
Joel is Managing Editor of whatNerd. He contributes the occasional article and manages overall site operations. He holds a B.S. in Computer Science and is based in Pennsylvania.
- The 10 Best Modern Animated Comedy TV Series, Ranked
- The 4 Best Brands for Noise-Canceling Headphones and Earbuds
- EarFun Free 2 Review: The Best Cheap True Wireless Earbuds
- Why Do We Hate Paying for Premium Mobile Apps? Are We Being Unfair?
- What Is Noise-Canceling? Are Noise-Canceling Headphones Worth It?
- The 15 Greatest Sci-Fi Movies You’ll Never Forget Once Watched
- Are Dice Trays Worth It? The 5 Best Dice Rolling Trays
- “Very Very Valet” Review: Wacky Overcooked-Style Fun With Cars
Emma is a staff writer at whatNerd. In addition to being an avid writer and tech geek, she's a fan of games, anime, manga, and more. She's based in Connecticut.
- 13 Happy Netflix Shows to Watch When You’re Sad or Down
- The 10 Best Netflix Original Anime Series Actually Worth Watching
- The 10 Best Avatar: The Last Airbender Episodes, Ranked
- Stop Pre-Ordering Games! 5 Reasons to Never Pre-Order Games
- The 9 Best Alien Sci-Fi Movies on Netflix
- 6 Classic Nerd Movies That Accurately Portray What Being a Nerd Is Like
- The 12 Strangest Pokemon Ever Created
- The 7 Best Board Gaming Podcasts for News, Reviews, and Fun
Dave is a staff writer at whatNerd and our resident horror fanatic. When he isn't watching movies or playing video games, he's with his dogs. He's based in Connecticut.
- The 13 Best Games on Apple Arcade
- The 13 Best Geeky TV Shows to Watch on NBC’s Peacock
- What Is Apple Arcade? Is Apple Arcade Worth It? What You Need to Know
- 5 Must-Watch Wild West Movies (Even If You Don’t Like Westerns)
- The 8 Funniest Comic Book Characters and Superheroes to Make You Laugh
- The 7 Best Video Game-Based Board Games: Doom, Portal, and More
- The 5 Most Annoying Kids Toys That Were Popular in the 90s
- 7 Benefits of Playing Dungeons & Dragons (Why D&D Is Good for You)
Kris Wouk is a staff writer at whatNerd. Not only is he an expert in technology, but he's an avid fan of music, comics, coding, and videography. He's based in New York.
- The 11 Best Tablet Games That Are Even Better on a Bigger Screen
- The 10 Greatest Film Composers and Their Most Popular Movie Soundtracks
- The 10 Best Free-to-Watch TV Shows for Geeks to Stream Online
- How to Find New Books to Read: 7 Ways to Get Book Recommendations
- The 7 Best Meal Delivery Services and Weekly Meal Kits
- The 10 Best Online Multiplayer PS2 Games of All Time
- EarFun Free Pro Review: Noise-Canceling True Wireless Earbuds on a Budget
- Why Is Roguelike Gameplay Invading Every Game Genre? Explained
Paul Strother is a staff writer at whatNerd. In addition to watching too many movies, he is an avid fan of comics, music, literature, cartoons, and Star Wars in all of its media forms. He's based in New York.
- The 7 Best Stanley Kubrick Movies, Ranked
- The 5 Best Action Movie Franchises of All Time, Ranked
- The 9 Best Martin Scorsese Movies of All Time, Ranked
- The 8 Best Character-Driven Movies Featuring Terrible People
- What Is Neo-Noir? The 5 Best Neo-Noir Movies That Capture the Genre
- The 7 Most Iconic Bad Cops: Movies About Corrupt Cops
- The 8 Best Espionage Movies and Spy Movies of Different Genres
- The 8 Best Movies That Take Place in Los Angeles
Matt O'Neill is a contributor at whatNerd and a huge film geek. He loves the work of Tarkovsky, is inspired by the work of Lynch, and thinks that The Men Who Stare At Goats is a future classic. Matt divides his time between Ireland and the UK.
- Moby Dick, Explained: 4 Reasons Why It’s the Greatest Novel Ever Written
- The Top Rick and Morty Episodes, Ranked (And How to Watch Them)
- Why All Superhero Movies Owe a Debt to Michael Keaton’s Batman
- The 10 Best Cartoon TV Characters of All Time, Ranked
- The 10 Best Underdog Movies of All Time, Ranked
- Why Seinfeld Was Truly Better Than Friends: 8 Reasons
- The 10 Best Netflix Original Series You Might Have Overlooked
- The 10 Best Amazon Original Movies
Georgia May is a contributor at whatNerd.
- The 3 Best Anti-Heroes on TV (And Why They’re Such Great Characters)
- The Most Iconic Actors and Directors Who Often Work Together
- 6 Fun Drinking Games for Movies to Play With Your Friends
- The 10 Best Teen Movies About Coming of Age Into Adulthood
- The 3 Best Anti-Heroes Examples in Movies: What Makes Them So Compelling?
- The 12 Best Serial Killer Movies of All Time, Ranked
- The 11 Best Pixar Movies, Ranked: Which One Sits on Top?
- The 12 Best End of the World Movies About the Apocalypse
Trent Cannon is a staff writer at whatNerd. He's a big fan of anime, video games, and tabletop games, plus all the weird and wonderful things the world can throw at him. Not to mention hilarious and adorable. He's based in the UK.
- 4 Nostalgic Cartoon Theme Songs That Were Way Too Good for Their Shows
- What D&D Class Should I Play? How to Pick Your D&D Class, Explained
- D&D 5e Rogue Guide for Beginners: 5 Key Tips and Strategies
- The Best DC Animated TV Shows and Series, Ranked
- D&D 5e Warlock Guide for Beginners: 5 Key Tips and Strategies
- The Original TMNT Movie’s Legacy and Why It Still Holds Up Today
- How to Be a Good Dungeon Master: Tips and Advice I Wish I’d Gotten
- The Best Green Lantern Characters From Earth, Ranked
Renz Vitalicio is a contributor at whatNerd. He is an anime fan and a gamer at heart. A computer technician and a DIY enthusiast. He's based in the Philippines.
- The 15 Most Popular Female Anime Characters (And Why They’re Great)
- 14 Sad Anime Moments and Scenes That Actually Made Us Cry
- The 5 Worst Live-Action Anime Movies
- The 6 Best Korean Horror Movies You Might Have Overlooked
- What Is Jujutsu Kaisen? Why Is It So Popular? Explained
- 7 Popular Anime Series That Were Banned in Some Countries (And Why)
- The 10 Strongest Anime Abilities and Powers That Are Risky to Use
- 7 Anime Plot Twists About Characters Who Aren’t What They Seem
Paolo Alfar is a contributor at whatNerd.
Kristen Winiarski is a freelance writer who adores classic movies, fantasy novels, Sci-Fi and fairy tale retellings. She believes that everyone is a nerd about something! She's based in Wisconsin.
Jessibelle Garcia is a contributor at whatNerd. Most days, you can find her curled up beneath a weighted blanket. She's a freelance writer who loves digital art, video games, and gothic fashion. She's based in Canada.