Want to write for whatNerd? We’re currently looking to add more writing talent to our team. If you’re a geek enthusiast, have past writing experience, and want to get paid for sharing your geeky expertise, apply to join whatNerd as a regular contributor!
whatNerd Team & Contributors
We often recommend media and products we like. If you buy anything through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Joel is Managing Editor of whatNerd. He contributes the occasional article and manages overall site operations. He holds a B.S. in Computer Science and is based in Pennsylvania.
- Every Jackbox Party Pack, Ranked: The Funniest Games to Play as a Group
- EwinRacing Knight Gaming Chair Review: A Solid Value Budget Office Chair
- EarFun Air Pro 2 Review: The Best Value Noise-Cancelling Wireless Earbuds, Period
- The 10 Best Board Games for Halloween to Play This Year
- The 16 Best Educational Board Games That Are Fun and Creative
- The 10 Deadly Sins of Board Gaming
- The 11 Best Key & Peele Skits and Sketches That’ll Make You Laugh
- The 20 Biggest Subreddits That Are Still Worth Subscribing To
Emma Roth is a staff writer at whatNerd. In addition to being an avid writer and tech geek, she's a fan of games, anime, manga, and more. She's based in Connecticut.
- 10 Netflix Documentaries That Are Insanely Good and Interesting
- 8 Tips to Save Money When Attending Anime and Comic Conventions
- 13 Happy Netflix Shows to Watch When You’re Sad or Down
- The 10 Best Netflix Original Anime Series Actually Worth Watching
- The 10 Best Avatar: The Last Airbender Episodes, Ranked
- Stop Pre-Ordering Games! 5 Reasons to Never Pre-Order Games
- The 9 Best Alien Sci-Fi Movies on Netflix
- 6 Classic Nerd Movies That Accurately Portray What Being a Nerd Is Like
Dave LeClair is a staff writer at whatNerd and our resident horror fanatic. When he isn't watching movies or playing video games, he's with his dogs. He's based in Connecticut.
- The 11 Best Superhero Movies on Netflix Worth Checking Out
- The 13 Best PS4 Horror Games of All Time, Ranked
- The 15 Best Free Xbox One Games Actually Worth Playing
- The 13 Best Games on Apple Arcade
- The 13 Best Geeky TV Shows to Watch on NBC’s Peacock
- What Is Apple Arcade? Is Apple Arcade Worth It? What You Need to Know
- 5 Must-Watch Wild West Movies (Even If You Don’t Like Westerns)
- The 8 Funniest Comic Book Characters and Superheroes to Make You Laugh
Kris Wouk is a staff writer at whatNerd. Not only is he an expert in technology, but he's an avid fan of music, comics, coding, and videography. He's based in New York.
- What Is Xbox Cloud Gaming? Explained (Play Your Xbox Games Anywhere)
- The 7 Best Free TV & Movie Streaming Services in 2022
- The 15 Best Sports Games on Xbox Game Pass, Ranked
- ASUS ROG Delta S Gaming Headset Review: Great Value, High-Quality Audio
- EarFun Free Pro 2 Review: Budget Wireless Earbuds Are Better Than Ever
- Every Halo Video Game, Ranked (Excluding Spin-Offs)
- The 10 Best Simulation (Sim) Games on Xbox Game Pass
- The 10 Best Games in the Nintendo Switch Online Expansion Pack
Matt O'Neill is a contributor at whatNerd and a huge film geek. He loves the work of Tarkovsky, is inspired by the work of Lynch, and thinks that The Men Who Stare At Goats is a future classic. Matt divides his time between Ireland and the UK.
- The 7 Best Fictional TV President Characters, Ranked
- The 8 Best Movies Set in Hotels, Ranked
- The 8 Best Japanese Movies Ever Made, Ranked
- The 7 Most Unique Earths in Sci-Fi Movies, Ranked
- Why Apple TV+ Is Now a Must-Have Streaming Service: 5 Reasons
- The 8 Best Ocean Movies Set Out in the Sea, Ranked
- The 8 Greatest Opening Scenes in Marvel’s MCU, Ranked
- The 8 Best Pixar Movie Villains of All Time, Ranked
Renz Vitalicio is a contributor at whatNerd. He is an anime fan and a gamer at heart. A computer technician and a DIY enthusiast. He's based in the Philippines.
- What Is Tokusatsu TV? 5 Classic Examples of Tokusatsu TV Series
- The 10 Best Anime Cat Girl Characters, Ranked
- The 14 Best Animated Fight Scenes in Anime, Ranked
- The 8 Most Common Horror Movie Tropes and Cliches, Explained
- The 11 Best Anime Characters With Sad and Tragic Backstories
- The 12 Best Artificial Intelligences (AIs) in Movies, Ranked
- The 16 Best Anime Tournament Arcs and Fight Events, Ranked
- The 12 Best Cute Anime Girl Characters Who Are Lovable, Ranked
Georgia May is a contributor at whatNerd.
- The 10 Best Movies That Were Inspired by Dreams and Meditation
- The 12 Best Movies Where Actors Play Multiple Characters and Roles
- The 8 Best Movies That Combine Animation and Live-Action
- The 8 Best Movies Where Actors Play Themselves
- Animated Movies vs. Live-Action Remakes: 10 Popular Movies, Compared
- 10 Disney Movies With Much Darker Origins Than What You Saw
- The 10 Craziest Fan Theories Behind Popular Cartoons and Fairy Tales
- The 8 Best Wrestling Movies, Ranked (And Why They’re So Great)
Paolo Alfar is a contributor at whatNerd.
- The 10 Best Classic Indie Movies of the 1960s, Ranked
- The 12 Best Standalone Fantasy Books Worth Reading This Year
- The 10 Best Documentary Movies About Fandoms and Fans
- The 15 Best Movie Franchises, Ranked (And Why They’re Great)
- The 15 Best Michael Giacchino Scores and Soundtracks, Ranked
- Every Guillermo del Toro Movie, Ranked: Which One Is His Best?
- The 10 Best Disney Cult Classic Animated Movies, Ranked
- The 15 Best South Park Episodes of All Time, Ranked
Paul Strother is a staff writer at whatNerd. In addition to watching too many movies, he is an avid fan of comics, music, literature, cartoons, and Star Wars in all of its media forms. He's based in New York.
- The 4 Coolest Star Wars Alien Races and Species
- The 7 Best Stanley Kubrick Movies, Ranked
- The 5 Best Action Movie Franchises of All Time, Ranked
- The 9 Best Martin Scorsese Movies of All Time, Ranked
- The 8 Best Character-Driven Movies Featuring Terrible People
- What Is Neo-Noir? The 5 Best Neo-Noir Movies That Capture the Genre
- The 7 Most Iconic Bad Cops: Movies About Corrupt Cops
- The 8 Best Espionage Movies and Spy Movies of Different Genres
Trent Cannon is a staff writer at whatNerd. He's a big fan of anime, video games, and tabletop games, plus all the weird and wonderful things the world can throw at him. Not to mention hilarious and adorable. He's based in the UK.
- The 5 Best Flash Characters in the Comics, Ranked: Who Is the Best?
- The Strange History of SNES’s Secret of Evermore, Explained
- The 7 Best Batmobiles in Live-Action Batman Movies, Ranked
- The 4 Best Flash TV Characters, Ranked
- The 4 Best Dragon Ball Story Arcs, Ranked (Across Every Anime Series)
- The 4 Most Unfair Levels and Stages in Video Games History, Ranked
- The 4 Best Super Nintendo JRPGs After All These Years, Ranked
- The 4 Best Magic Items to Give Your Party (That Aren’t Weapons or Armor)
Kristen Winiarski is a freelance writer who adores classic movies, fantasy novels, Sci-Fi and fairy tale retellings. She believes that everyone is a nerd about something! She's based in Wisconsin.
- The 7 Best Classic Movie On-Screen Couples, Ranked
- The 10 Best Valentine’s Day Movies for Couples to Watch This Year
- The 11 Best Harry Potter Scenes and Moments, Ranked
- The 10 Best Thanksgiving Movies for Celebrating With Family
- The 7 Most Underrated Robert Downey Jr. Movies, Ranked
- How to Watch Indiana Jones in Chronological Order (And Why)
- The 10 Best Characters in Once Upon a Time: Villains and More
- The 15 Best Movie Musicals of All Time, Ranked