Want to write for whatNerd? We’re currently looking to add more writing talent to our team. If you’re a geek enthusiast, have past writing experience, and want to get paid for sharing your geeky expertise, apply to join whatNerd as a regular contributor!
whatNerd Team & Contributors
We often recommend media and products we like. If you buy anything through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Joel is Managing Editor of whatNerd. He contributes the occasional article and manages overall site operations. He holds a B.S. in Computer Science and is based in Pennsylvania.
- EwinRacing Knight Gaming Chair Review: A Solid Value Budget Office Chair
- EarFun Air Pro 2 Review: The Best Value Noise-Cancelling Wireless Earbuds, Period
- The 10 Best Board Games for Halloween to Play This Year
- The 16 Best Educational Board Games That Are Fun and Creative
- The 10 Deadly Sins of Board Gaming
- The 11 Best Key & Peele Skits and Sketches That’ll Make You Laugh
- The 20 Biggest Subreddits That Are Still Worth Subscribing To
- The 11 Best Mobile Games for Couples to Play on One Phone
Emma Roth is a staff writer at whatNerd. In addition to being an avid writer and tech geek, she's a fan of games, anime, manga, and more. She's based in Connecticut.
- 10 Netflix Documentaries That Are Insanely Good and Interesting
- 8 Tips to Save Money When Attending Anime and Comic Conventions
- 13 Happy Netflix Shows to Watch When You’re Sad or Down
- The 10 Best Netflix Original Anime Series Actually Worth Watching
- The 10 Best Avatar: The Last Airbender Episodes, Ranked
- Stop Pre-Ordering Games! 5 Reasons to Never Pre-Order Games
- The 9 Best Alien Sci-Fi Movies on Netflix
- 6 Classic Nerd Movies That Accurately Portray What Being a Nerd Is Like
Dave LeClair is a staff writer at whatNerd and our resident horror fanatic. When he isn't watching movies or playing video games, he's with his dogs. He's based in Connecticut.
- The 11 Best Superhero Movies on Netflix Worth Checking Out
- The 13 Best PS4 Horror Games of All Time, Ranked
- The 15 Best Free Xbox One Games Actually Worth Playing
- The 13 Best Games on Apple Arcade
- The 13 Best Geeky TV Shows to Watch on NBC’s Peacock
- What Is Apple Arcade? Is Apple Arcade Worth It? What You Need to Know
- 5 Must-Watch Wild West Movies (Even If You Don’t Like Westerns)
- The 8 Funniest Comic Book Characters and Superheroes to Make You Laugh
Kris Wouk is a staff writer at whatNerd. Not only is he an expert in technology, but he's an avid fan of music, comics, coding, and videography. He's based in New York.
- 10 Backward Compatible Games Improved on Xbox Series X|S
- Gaming PC vs. Gaming Laptop: Which Should You Buy in 2022?
- The 15 Best Shooter Games on Xbox Game Pass
- The 10 Best Racing Games on Xbox Game Pass
- Gaming on Apple Silicon Macs: Everything You Need to Know
- Is the Nintendo Switch Online Expansion Pack Worth It?
- The 10 Most Beautiful and Graphically Intense Xbox Series X|S Games
- The 10 Best RPG Games on Xbox Game Pass Worth Playing
Matt O'Neill is a contributor at whatNerd and a huge film geek. He loves the work of Tarkovsky, is inspired by the work of Lynch, and thinks that The Men Who Stare At Goats is a future classic. Matt divides his time between Ireland and the UK.
- Why Tony Soprano Is Still the Greatest TV Character Ever: 4 Reasons
- Every Episode of Marvel’s What If, Ranked: Which One Is the Best?
- 5 Things We Want to See in a Mad Max: Fury Road Sequel
- Why Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol Is Worth Reading Again This Year
- The 5 Best Terrence Malick Movie Masterpieces, Ranked
- The 9 Best Modern Western Movies (Released in 2000 or Later)
- The 8 Best 30 Rock Characters, Ranked (And Their Best Scenes)
- The 7 Coolest Movie Cowboy Characters, Ranked
Renz Vitalicio is a contributor at whatNerd. He is an anime fan and a gamer at heart. A computer technician and a DIY enthusiast. He's based in the Philippines.
- The 15 Most Unfair and Unbalanced Anime Fights, Ranked
- The 8 Best Action-Packed Martial Arts Movies, Ranked
- The 11 Best Anime Thieves and Criminal Organizations, Ranked
- The 12 Coolest Cars, Motorcycles, and Modes of Transportation in Anime
- 12 Most Common Anime Weapon Tropes and Cliches, Explained
- The 13 Most Evil Anime Villains Who Are Wicked and Corrupt
- The 11 Best Animation Studios Behind Top-Tier Anime Series and Movies
- The 6 Best Tragic Romance Movies That Left Us in Tears
Georgia May is a contributor at whatNerd.
- The 12 Best Movie References in The Simpsons: How Many Did You Catch?
- The 10 Most Popular and Iconic Movies of the 50s, Ranked
- The 12 Best Movies About Loneliness and Feeling Lonely
- The 10 Best Films About Teachers and Students, Ranked
- The 10 Most Popular and Iconic Movies of the 60s, Ranked
- What Is a Deep Focus Shot? 6 Great Examples in Film
- The 10 Best Films About Having a Mid-Life Crisis
- The 15 Best Whistleblower Movies Full of Intrigue and Drama
Paul Strother is a staff writer at whatNerd. In addition to watching too many movies, he is an avid fan of comics, music, literature, cartoons, and Star Wars in all of its media forms. He's based in New York.
- The 4 Coolest Star Wars Alien Races and Species
- The 7 Best Stanley Kubrick Movies, Ranked
- The 5 Best Action Movie Franchises of All Time, Ranked
- The 9 Best Martin Scorsese Movies of All Time, Ranked
- The 8 Best Character-Driven Movies Featuring Terrible People
- What Is Neo-Noir? The 5 Best Neo-Noir Movies That Capture the Genre
- The 7 Most Iconic Bad Cops: Movies About Corrupt Cops
- The 8 Best Espionage Movies and Spy Movies of Different Genres
Paolo Alfar is a contributor at whatNerd.
- The 15 Greatest Movie Posters of All Time
- The 15 Best Saturday Night Live Cast Members of All Time, Ranked
- The 11 Best Whodunnit Murder Mystery Movies, Ranked
- The 15 Best Foreign-Language Netflix Original Series, Ranked
- The 10 Best Video Game Anti-Heroes of All Time, Ranked
- Every Harry Potter Movie, Ranked (Including Fantastic Beasts)
- The 12 Best TV Shows on Apple TV+ Worth Streaming
- The 10 Best Denis Villeneuve Movies of All Time, Ranked
Trent Cannon is a staff writer at whatNerd. He's a big fan of anime, video games, and tabletop games, plus all the weird and wonderful things the world can throw at him. Not to mention hilarious and adorable. He's based in the UK.
- The 5 Best Final Fantasy Video Games, Ranked
- The 4 Best Batman Villains of All Time, Ranked (And Why They’re Awesome)
- The 5 Best Unscripted Movie Scenes, Moments, and Lines That Stayed
- The 4 Best Quotes From The Princess Bride (And Why They’re Great)
- 5 Incredible Movie Scenes That Actually Weren’t CGI
- The 5 Best Legend of Zelda Games of All Time, Ranked
- How to Be a Good D&D Player: 5 Tips That’ll Make DMs Love You
- Bruce Wayne vs. Terry McGinnis: Who Is the Better Batman?
Kristen Winiarski is a freelance writer who adores classic movies, fantasy novels, Sci-Fi and fairy tale retellings. She believes that everyone is a nerd about something! She's based in Wisconsin.
- The 10 Best Thanksgiving Movies for Celebrating With Family
- The 7 Most Underrated Robert Downey Jr. Movies, Ranked
- How to Watch Indiana Jones in Chronological Order (And Why)
- The 10 Best Characters in Once Upon a Time: Villains and More
- The 15 Best Movie Musicals of All Time, Ranked
- 7 Reasons to Start Watching Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist (And How)
- The 9 Best Alfred Hitchcock Movies (And Their Influence on Cinema)
- 8 Modern Fantasy Authors You Might Have Missed (And Why They’re Great)