Want to write for whatNerd? We’re currently looking to add more writing talent to our team. If you’re a geek enthusiast, have past writing experience, and want to get paid for sharing your geeky expertise, apply to join whatNerd as a regular contributor!
whatNerd Team & Contributors
We often recommend media and products we like. If you buy anything through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Joel is Managing Editor of whatNerd. He contributes the occasional article and manages overall site operations. He holds a B.S. in Computer Science and is based in Pennsylvania.
- The 16 Best Educational Board Games That Are Fun and Creative
- The 10 Deadly Sins of Board Gaming
- The 11 Best Key & Peele Skits and Sketches That’ll Make You Laugh
- The 20 Biggest Subreddits That Are Still Worth Subscribing To
- The 11 Best Mobile Games for Couples to Play on One Phone
- 11 Home Smart Devices & Gadgets I Actually Don’t Regret Buying
- How Are People Getting Personalized Celebrity Messages and Videos?
- The 10 Best Modern Animated Comedy TV Series, Ranked
Emma Roth is a staff writer at whatNerd. In addition to being an avid writer and tech geek, she's a fan of games, anime, manga, and more. She's based in Connecticut.
- 10 Netflix Documentaries That Are Insanely Good and Interesting
- 8 Tips to Save Money When Attending Anime and Comic Conventions
- 13 Happy Netflix Shows to Watch When You’re Sad or Down
- The 10 Best Netflix Original Anime Series Actually Worth Watching
- The 10 Best Avatar: The Last Airbender Episodes, Ranked
- Stop Pre-Ordering Games! 5 Reasons to Never Pre-Order Games
- The 9 Best Alien Sci-Fi Movies on Netflix
- 6 Classic Nerd Movies That Accurately Portray What Being a Nerd Is Like
Dave LeClair is a staff writer at whatNerd and our resident horror fanatic. When he isn't watching movies or playing video games, he's with his dogs. He's based in Connecticut.
- The 11 Best Superhero Movies on Netflix Worth Checking Out
- The 13 Best PS4 Horror Games of All Time, Ranked
- The 15 Best Free Xbox One Games Actually Worth Playing
- The 13 Best Games on Apple Arcade
- The 13 Best Geeky TV Shows to Watch on NBC’s Peacock
- What Is Apple Arcade? Is Apple Arcade Worth It? What You Need to Know
- 5 Must-Watch Wild West Movies (Even If You Don’t Like Westerns)
- The 8 Funniest Comic Book Characters and Superheroes to Make You Laugh
Kris Wouk is a staff writer at whatNerd. Not only is he an expert in technology, but he's an avid fan of music, comics, coding, and videography. He's based in New York.
- The 15 Best Free Sci-Fi Movies You Can Stream Online Right Now
- The 11 Best Tablet Games That Are Even Better on a Bigger Screen
- The 10 Greatest Film Composers and Their Most Popular Movie Soundtracks
- The 10 Best Free-to-Watch TV Shows for Geeks to Stream Online
- How to Find New Books to Read: 7 Ways to Get Book Recommendations
- The 7 Best Meal Delivery Services and Weekly Meal Kits
- The 10 Best Online Multiplayer PS2 Games of All Time
- EarFun Free Pro Review: Noise-Canceling True Wireless Earbuds on a Budget
Matt O'Neill is a contributor at whatNerd and a huge film geek. He loves the work of Tarkovsky, is inspired by the work of Lynch, and thinks that The Men Who Stare At Goats is a future classic. Matt divides his time between Ireland and the UK.
- The Best James Bond Actors, Ranked (And Their Best Scenes)
- All the Disney Princesses, Ranked: Who Is the Best Princess?
- The Best Disney Revival Era Movies, Ranked (2009 to 2021)
- The 8 Best Princesses in Movies Throughout Cinema History
- 7 Cancelled Geeky TV Shows That Deserve to Be Revived
- The 5 Best James Bond Villains, Ranked (And How They Almost Succeeded)
- Who Are the Suicide Squad? The Best Movie Characters, Ranked
- The 8 Best James Bond Scenes and Moments, Ranked
Renz Vitalicio is a contributor at whatNerd. He is an anime fan and a gamer at heart. A computer technician and a DIY enthusiast. He's based in the Philippines.
- How “Demon Slayer: Mugen Train” Does Character Development Right
- The 18 Most Badass Old Anime Characters, Ranked
- The 9 Best Netflix Movies With Plot Twists and Unexpected Events
- The 12 Coolest Anime Swords and the Stories Behind Them
- 4 Reasons Why Boruto Ruined Naruto
- Which Anime Characters Have Ice Powers? The Best Ones, Ranked
- 12 Anime Traitors and Backstabbers With the Worst Betrayals
- The 12 Strongest Anime Characters Who Are Overpowered
Georgia May is a contributor at whatNerd.
- Top 10 Box Office Movie Flops That Became Popular Much Later
- Male Gaze vs. Female Gaze: 6 Movie Examples, Explained
- 6 Actor and Actress Co-Stars Who Hated Each Other in Real Life
- 8 Trippy Drug Movies That Depict Psychedelic Experiences
- The 8 Best Movies About Mother-Daughter Relationships
- 10 Great Movies With Hidden Meanings and Deeper Metaphors
- The Long Shot Film Technique, Explained (And 8 Examples in Movies)
- 11 Famous Movie Directors and Their Cinematic Styles, Explained
Paul Strother is a staff writer at whatNerd. In addition to watching too many movies, he is an avid fan of comics, music, literature, cartoons, and Star Wars in all of its media forms. He's based in New York.
- The 4 Coolest Star Wars Alien Races and Species
- The 7 Best Stanley Kubrick Movies, Ranked
- The 5 Best Action Movie Franchises of All Time, Ranked
- The 9 Best Martin Scorsese Movies of All Time, Ranked
- The 8 Best Character-Driven Movies Featuring Terrible People
- What Is Neo-Noir? The 5 Best Neo-Noir Movies That Capture the Genre
- The 7 Most Iconic Bad Cops: Movies About Corrupt Cops
- The 8 Best Espionage Movies and Spy Movies of Different Genres
Trent Cannon is a staff writer at whatNerd. He's a big fan of anime, video games, and tabletop games, plus all the weird and wonderful things the world can throw at him. Not to mention hilarious and adorable. He's based in the UK.
- 5 Incredible Movie Scenes That Actually Weren’t CGI
- The 5 Best Legend of Zelda Games of All Time, Ranked
- How to Be a Good D&D Player: 5 Tips That’ll Make DMs Love You
- Bruce Wayne vs. Terry McGinnis: Who Is the Better Batman?
- Need a D&D Map Maker? The 3 Best Map Builders and Generators
- 4 Useful D&D 5e Spells You Shouldn’t Overlook for Your Characters
- 3 Unusual D&D 5e Creatures That’ll Challenge Your Players
- The 4 Most Famous Voice Actors (And Their Iconic Roles)
Paolo Alfar is a contributor at whatNerd.
- The 10 Greatest Heroes of Fantasy Movies and TV Shows
- The 20 Funniest SNL Skits and Sketches of All Time, Ranked
- The 10 Best Spy Thriller Books About Spies (Who Aren’t James Bond)
- The 10 Best Edgar Wright Movies, Ranked (Directed and Written)
- The 10 Best TV Female Anti-Heroes of All Time, Ranked
- The 10 Best James Bond Movies of All Time, Ranked
- The 10 Greatest Monty Python Skits, Sketches, and Songs
- The 10 Best Tim Burton Movies, Ranked
Kristen Winiarski is a freelance writer who adores classic movies, fantasy novels, Sci-Fi and fairy tale retellings. She believes that everyone is a nerd about something! She's based in Wisconsin.
- How to Watch Indiana Jones in Chronological Order (And Why)
- The 10 Best Characters in Once Upon a Time: Villains and More
- The 15 Best Movie Musicals of All Time, Ranked
- 7 Reasons to Start Watching Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist (And How)
- The 9 Best Alfred Hitchcock Movies (And Their Influence on Cinema)
- 8 Modern Fantasy Authors You Might Have Missed (And Why They’re Great)
- The 7 Best Authors for Fairy Tale Retelling Books