Want to write for whatNerd? We’re currently looking to add more writing talent to our team. If you’re a geek enthusiast, have past writing experience, and want to get paid for sharing your geeky expertise, apply to join whatNerd as a regular contributor!
whatNerd Team & Contributors
Joel is Managing Editor of whatNerd. He contributes the occasional article and manages overall site operations. He holds a B.S. in Computer Science and is based in Pennsylvania.
- The 10 Best Thriller Movies on Shudder Seriously Worth Watching
- Why Online Gaming Communities Are the Worst: 4 Reasons to Stay Away
- The Best SNES Games on Nintendo Switch Online
- Where to Rent Movies Online: The 7 Best Sites for Digital Movie Rentals
- How to Find the Best Video Game Deals and Sales: 8 Sites to Bookmark
- The Only Coffee Gear Essentials You Need for Great Homemade Coffee
- 10 Great Movie Trailers (And Why They’re So Effective)
- Too Much Hype! Media Hype Culture Is Ruining Games, Movies, and TV
Emma is a staff writer at whatNerd. In addition to being an avid writer and tech geek, she's a fan of games, anime, manga, and more. She's based in Connecticut.
- The 10 Best Avatar: The Last Airbender Episodes, Ranked
- Stop Pre-Ordering Games! 5 Reasons to Never Pre-Order Games
- The 9 Best Alien Sci-Fi Movies on Netflix
- 6 Classic Nerd Movies That Accurately Portray What Being a Nerd Is Like
- The 12 Strangest Pokemon Ever Created
- The 7 Best Board Gaming Podcasts for News, Reviews, and Fun
- 6 Reasons Why Indie Games Are Better Than AAA Games
- Visual Novels Aren’t Boring! 7 Reasons Why You Should Start Playing Them
Dave is a staff writer at whatNerd and our resident horror fanatic. When he isn't watching movies or playing video games, he's with his dogs. He's based in Connecticut.
- The 8 Funniest Comic Book Characters and Superheroes to Make You Laugh
- The 7 Best Video Game-Based Board Games: Doom, Portal, and More
- The 5 Most Annoying Kids Toys That Were Popular in the 90s
- 7 Benefits of Playing Dungeons & Dragons (Why D&D Is Good for You)
- The Golden Rules of Convention Etiquette (For Comic Con and More)
- The 10 Best Movies That Take Place in Philadelphia
- The 5 Best Horror Movies Without Jump Scares (for Horror Newbies)
- The 7 Best Gaming Desks Designed for PC Gamers
Kris Wouk is a staff writer at whatNerd. Not only is he an expert in technology, but he's an avid fan of music, comics, coding, and videography. He's based in New York.
- The 10 Best Online Multiplayer PS2 Games of All Time
- EarFun Free Pro Review: Solid True Wireless Earbuds on a Budget
- Why Is Roguelike Gameplay Invading Every Game Genre? Explained
- The 10 Best Fantasy Audiobooks That Are Even Better Out Loud
- Console Gaming Is Becoming More Like PC Gaming: 4 Lame Trends
- The Best Whole Home Audio Systems for Beginners
- A History of Terrible Toys: The Worst Toys Ever Made
- The Best SNL Movies That Originated From SNL Skits
Paul Strother is a staff writer at whatNerd. In addition to watching too many movies, he is an avid fan of comics, music, literature, cartoons, and Star Wars in all of its media forms. He's based in New York.
- The 8 Best Espionage Movies and Spy Movies of Different Genres
- The 8 Best Movies That Take Place in Los Angeles
- The 10 Best Movies Based on Books: Movie Adaptations That Worked
- The 10 Best Movie Monologues You Have to See for Yourself
- The 11 Best Opening Movie Scenes
- The 10 Greatest Movie Villain Performances of All Time
- The 10 Greatest Sci-Fi Heroes in Movies and TV
- The 6 Best Workplace Movies About Careers, Jobs, and Daily Grinds
Trent Cannon is a staff writer at whatNerd. He's a big fan of anime, video games, and tabletop games, plus all the weird and wonderful things the world can throw at him. Not to mention hilarious and adorable. He's based in the UK.
- The 4 Best D&D House Rules and Ideas to Try at Your Table
- How to Craft Better D&D Merchants and Shopkeepers: 3 Useful Tips
- 4 Forgotten Cartoons That Changed Animation for Years to Come
- One Way to Create Memorable D&D Villains: The M. Bison Technique
- D&D Campaign Settings Spotlight: Eberron, Explained
- How Jak and Daxter Paved the Way for Naughty Dog’s Best Games
- How to Play an Evil Character in D&D (Without Losing Your Friends)
Jessibelle Garcia is a contributor at whatNerd. Most days, you can find her curled up beneath a weighted blanket. She's a freelance writer who loves digital art, video games, and gothic fashion. She's based in Canada.