Want to write for whatNerd? We’re currently looking to add more writing talent to our team. If you’re a geek enthusiast, have past writing experience, and want to get paid for sharing your geeky expertise, apply to join whatNerd as a regular contributor!
whatNerd Team & Contributors
Joel is Managing Editor of whatNerd. He contributes the occasional article and manages overall site operations. He holds a B.S. in Computer Science and is based in Pennsylvania.
- What Are Hypercasual Games? The 15 Best Free Ones to Play, Ranked
- The 10 Best Pokemon Gift Ideas for Geeky Adults and Friends
- The 25 Best Time Travel Movies of All Time, Ranked
- The 20 Weirdest Subreddits That Are Popular and Not NSFW
- The 15 Best Games Made With GameMaker (Formerly GMS2)
- The 11 Best Deckbuilding Board Games and Card Games, Ranked
- The 11 Best Digital Board Games on Nintendo Switch, Ranked
- The 25 Most Rewatchable Movies We Never Get Sick of Watching
Kris Wouk is a staff writer at whatNerd. Not only is he an expert in technology, but he's an avid fan of music, comics, coding, and videography. He's based in New York.
- EarFun UBOOM L Review: A Budget Bluetooth Speaker for Everyone
- E-Bikes vs. Standard Bikes, Explained: The Pros and Cons
- The New PlayStation Plus Tiers, Explained: Which One Is Best for You?
- The 15 Best Local Multiplayer (Couch) Games on Xbox Game Pass
- The 15 Best Online Multiplayer Games on Xbox Game Pass, Ranked
- What’s an Immersive Sim? The Popular Game Genre, Explained
- How to Build Your Own Spotify Using Plex and Plexamp
- The 15 Best Arcade Games on Xbox Game Pass, Ranked
Matt O'Neill is a contributor at whatNerd and a huge film geek. He loves the work of Tarkovsky, is inspired by the work of Lynch, and thinks that The Men Who Stare At Goats is a future classic. Matt divides his time between Ireland and the UK.
- The 5 Greatest Space Battles in Sci-Fi Movies, Ranked
- The 6 Most Frustrating Board Games of All Time
- 5 Star Wars Characters Who Deserve Their Own TV Series
- The 10 Best Arrested Development Characters, Ranked
- The iPhone’s History, Explained (The 7 Most Influential iPhone Models)
- How Movie Trailers Evolved Into Their Own Artform (With Examples)
- The 15 Best Netflix Original Series You Might Have Overlooked
- 7 Hidden Gem Comedy TV Series Only on Streaming Services
Renz Vitalicio is a contributor at whatNerd. He is an anime fan and a gamer at heart. A computer technician and a DIY enthusiast. He's based in the Philippines.
- The 14 Smartest Anime Characters, Ranked: Who Is the Top Genius?
- The 9 Most Visually Engaging Types of YouTube Videos, Ranked
- 7 Promising TV Shows That Were Ruined by Getting Another Season
- 15 Promising Anime Characters With the Most Wasted Potential
- The 8 Best K-Drama Series About Infidelity, Love Affairs, and Cheating
- The 15 Best Spatial and Space-Time Abilities in Anime, Ranked
- Ranged vs. Melee Characters in Video Games, Compared: Which Is Better?
- What Is Motovlogging? Why It’s a Great Hobby to Try: 5 Reasons
Georgia May is a contributor at whatNerd.
- The 10 Best Movies Told Backwards With Reverse or Nonlinear Narratives
- The 8 Best Movies About Music Managers and Producers, Ranked
- The 10 Best Movies About Gambling and Casinos, Ranked
- The 8 Best Movies About Social Media (And Its Dangers), Ranked
- The 10 Best Slasher Horror Movies of All Time, Ranked
- The 10 Best Movies Featuring a Rock Music Soundtrack
- 17 Metaphorical Movies With Hidden Meanings and Deeper Allegories
- The 10 Best Silent Movie Characters Who Are Mute or Don’t Speak
Paolo Alfar is a contributor at whatNerd.
- The 11 Best Comedy TV Shows Starring Actual Comedians
- The 10 Best Robert Rodriguez Movies, Ranked
- The 10 Best Tie-In Board Games Based on Movies and TV Shows
- The 15 Best Indie Movies of the 1990s, Ranked
- The 10 Best Harry Potter Characters, Ranked (Book Version)
- The 15 Best Movie Car Chase Scenes, Ranked (And What They Did Right)
- The 10 Best Classic Indie Movies of the 1980s, Ranked
- The 10 Funniest Comedy Troupes of All Time, Ranked
Trent Cannon is a contributor at whatNerd. He's a big fan of anime, video games, and tabletop games, plus all the weird and wonderful things the world can throw at him. He's based in the UK.
- The 5 Most Iconic Video Game Features That Were Unintentional
- 5 Fun Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Facts You Probably Didn’t Know
- The 5 Best Short Video Games You Can Beat in Under 15 Hours
- Top 5 Geek Convention Tips for a Post-Pandemic Era: Masks, Crowds, More
- The 5 Most Infamous Anime Localizations That Pissed Off Fans
- 4 Classic Video Games That Deserve Modern Remakes or Remasters
- The 5 Most Insane Methods People Used to Beat Video Games
- The 5 Best Robin Characters in Batman, Ranked
Paul Strother is a staff writer at whatNerd. In addition to watching too many movies, he is an avid fan of comics, music, literature, cartoons, and Star Wars in all of its media forms. He's based in New York.
- The 4 Coolest Star Wars Alien Races and Species
- The 7 Best Stanley Kubrick Movies, Ranked
- The 5 Best Action Movie Franchises of All Time, Ranked
- The 9 Best Martin Scorsese Movies of All Time, Ranked
- The 8 Best Character-Driven Movies Featuring Terrible People
- What Is Neo-Noir? The 5 Best Neo-Noir Movies That Capture the Genre
- The 7 Most Iconic Bad Cops: Movies About Corrupt Cops
- The 8 Best Espionage Movies and Spy Movies of Different Genres
Kristen Winiarski is a freelance writer who adores classic movies, fantasy novels, Sci-Fi and fairy tale retellings. She believes that everyone is a nerd about something! She's based in Wisconsin.
- The 7 Best Classic Movie On-Screen Couples, Ranked
- The 10 Best Valentine’s Day Movies for Couples to Watch This Year
- The 11 Best Harry Potter Scenes and Moments, Ranked
- The 10 Best Thanksgiving Movies for Celebrating With Family
- The 7 Most Underrated Robert Downey Jr. Movies, Ranked
- How to Watch Indiana Jones in Chronological Order (And Why)
- The 10 Best Characters in Once Upon a Time: Villains and More
- The 15 Best Movie Musicals of All Time, Ranked
Emma Roth is a staff writer at whatNerd. In addition to being an avid writer and tech geek, she's a fan of games, anime, manga, and more. She's based in Connecticut.
- 11 Useful PC Gaming Accessories and Peripherals Worth Getting
- 10 Challenging Brain Teaser Puzzle Toys for Adults and Brainiacs
- The 20 Best HBO Series of All Time, Ranked: Must Watch for Every Geek
- The 20 Best Indie Game Soundtracks of All Time, Ranked
- 21 Happy Feelgood Netflix Shows to Watch When You’re Sad or Down
- 10 Netflix Documentaries That Are Insanely Good and Interesting
- 8 Tips to Save Money When Attending Anime and Comic Conventions
- The 10 Best Netflix Original Anime Series Actually Worth Watching
Dave LeClair is a staff writer at whatNerd and our resident horror fanatic. When he isn't watching movies or playing video games, he's with his dogs. He's based in Connecticut.
- The 7 Best Puzzle Subscription Boxes That Are Fun to Solve
- The 15 Best Escape Room Movies That’ll Make You Think
- The 11 Best Superhero Movies on Netflix Worth Checking Out
- The 13 Best PS4 Horror Games of All Time, Ranked
- The 15 Best Free Xbox One Games Actually Worth Playing
- The 13 Best Games on Apple Arcade
- The 13 Best Geeky TV Shows to Watch on NBC’s Peacock
- What Is Apple Arcade? Is Apple Arcade Worth It? What You Need to Know