First time watching Trivial Geeks? Learn more in our “What Is Trivial Geeks?” video!
Questions in this episode:
- 2:07 – The very first title in the Super Mario franchise, which played on the Nintendo Entertainment System, was released in what year?
- 2:37 – The character of Mario had several nicknames throughout development, including “Ossan” and “Mr. Video.” What was he called just prior to being named “Mario”?
- 3:29 – What is the scientific classification of the real-world mushroom that inspired the appearance of mushroom power-ups in the Mario franchise?
- 4:29 – In the Mario series, the recurring character who fires eggs from her mouth is named Birdo. What is her Japanese name?
- 5:16 – In the very first Super Mario Bros, how many worlds did the player need to complete in order to beat the game?
- 6:00 – In Super Mario Land, which was released as a launch title for the Game Boy, what is the name of the primary antagonist?
- 6:53 – What is the name of the game designer who created the Mario franchise?
- 7:20 – In Super Mario Sunshine, Mario uses a robotic backpack named FLUDD to cleanse the world and solve puzzles. What does FLUDD stand for?
- 8:37 – What is the full English name of the character who is known as Boss Pakkun in Japan?
- 9:38 – Like all Koopas, Bowser resembles a turtle. However, when Miyamoto first conceived the character concept, he was inspired by what animal?
- 11:05 – In which Mario game can Mario take control of enemies by throwing his hat at them?
- 11:24 – What is the name of the special Koopa who travels using a cloud?
- 12:36 – What is the name of the educational spin-off game that features Luigi as the protagonist on a quest to retrieve stolen artifacts around the world?
- 13:27 – Princess Daisy is the princess of Sarasaland as well as Luigi’s love interest. In which Mario game did she debut?
- 14:25 – What is the name of the very first enemy you’re likely to encounter in most Mario games?
- 14:41 – In his default outfit, what color are Mario’s shoes?
- 15:01 – What is the name of the first title in the spin-off series where Mario and his cast of friends play soccer?
- 15:23 – How many spots does Toad have on his head?
- 16:04 – What is the subtitle of the very first Mario RPG game ever released?
- 17:09 – What is the relationship between Shigeru Miyamoto and Mario Segale, whom the character Mario was named after?
Subscribe to the WhatNerd YouTube channel to stay updated when new episodes are released! We’re always open to honest feedback, so please don’t hesitate to let us know what you think. And if you enjoy it? Please share with your friends!