First time watching Trivial Geeks? Learn more in our “What Is Trivial Geeks?” video!
Questions in this episode:
- 0:41 – According to the Computer History Museum, in what year was the first personal computer released?
- 1:39 – In what year did Apple release their first personal computer, called the Apple-1?
- 2:16 – In the 1970s, research institutions began linking computers together using telecommunications infrastructure, which eventually led to the internet. What was this pre-internet endeavor called?
- 4:02 – What was the name of the first computer to defeat a world champion chess player?
- 5:15 – When Apple launched their Macintosh computer in 1984, they marketed it with a commercial that played during which nationally televised event?
- 5:59 – In 1963, Douglas Engelbart prototyped a device that would eventually become the computer mouse. Before settling on the term “mouse,” what was it originally called?
- 7:43 – When Douglas Engelbart demonstrated the first working computer mouse, what material was it made out of?
- 8:53 – When retrieving data from memory or storage, what is the term for the time it takes for that data to be retrieved?
- 9:58 – What is the name for the non-volatile firmware that initializes computer hardware during the boot-up process?
- 10:28 – What is the max transfer speed for USB 3.0?
- 11:50 – Back in the day, most computer displays were connected using VGA. Which connection type succeeded VGA while remaining backward-compatible?
- 12:24 – What part of the computer is responsible for converting alternating current into direct current that’s usable by the computer’s internal components?
- 12:46 – What is the name for a type of hard drive alternative that’s incredibly fast but loses all its data when the computer is shut down?
- 13:47 – What is the most common cause of overheating in laptops?
- 14:15 – What is the main chemical element used in the manufacture of computer chips?
- 14:36 – What is the display technology that employs an array of semiconductor light sources that individually light up when run through with an electric current?
- 15:08 – In what year did the first Chromebook begin shipping to customers?
- 16:07 – According to SplashData, what was the most common password of 2018?
- 16:43 – Computer scientist Frederick B. Cohen wrote an experimentally infective software program and coined the term “computer virus” in what year?
- 18:02 – Which company created the original floppy disk?
Subscribe to the WhatNerd YouTube channel to stay updated when new episodes are released! We’re always open to honest feedback, so please don’t hesitate to let us know what you think. And if you enjoy it? Please share with your friends!